Tai Chi

I remember my trip in Macau several years ago and how I observed old people filling the parks in the morning doing martial arts.  Well, not that I feel as old, but I find myself loving the same exercise.  Its more of a breathing exercise and its not as easy as it looks.  Now I understand why those old people look stronger than the lolos and lolas here at home.  Even as young I am now, doing Tai Chi exercises make me feel so much better.

I started doing Tai Chi in Fitness First after reading ChiRunning. Although its the first class on a Saturday morning (very fit for the old ones really), I now make it a point to drag myself out of bed.  Funny, our trainer is the youngest one in class, but the rest is older than me.  Makes me feel younger as well.  So one of my "Love" now is this new exercise.  Hope others discover it as well.  I've tried Pilates, Yoga and all are really great forms but I think the centuries old Tai Chi brings a sense of Eastern meditation that all Asians should share.

Comments

Popular Posts