The Love of my Life...

Last night, my newly engaged BFF and I had a long talk about love and marriage life.  With caution, I shared some of my wisdom, or so I think, from my 7 years of marriage.  Instantly, I had to dig deep from my own memories with the goal of assuaging her cold feet. The funny part of it was it was not as hard as I thought it would be...

Although miles away, Jamie has remained as sweet, caring, demanding husband he has always been.  I love him for who he is and how he can show me the realities surrounding me.  He is an artist and a realist. He is hardworking and at the same time knows how to have fun. He is daring at the same time cowardly. He is generous and at the same time selfish. He is diligent but is totally impatient. He is older but young in spirit, he loves music that I don't get, he has an eye for beauty in unlikely places, he is the life of a party, he is original, he is my better half. God has his way of leading us to our fate as long as we follow.  It is Jamie's ironies and complexity that make me fall in love with him still. I don't know what he loves about me but I sure know what I love about him :)

Comments

Popular Posts