This blog is my box of positive energy, where I'll just be talking about all the good things I see around me,my take on everything I love...
My Garden
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
-
A new inspiration for me is my garden. It is still a work in progress but it has been a great pick me up when I have so many worries in my mind. I will be posting my work soon as I share my everyday victories in the garden.
My love for gardening started with my success in growing Sweet Basil. That was 7 years ago, 2010. Below is my picture with my new tools and this feels just like yesterday... Seven years later, I am still at it. I now grow my basil from cuttings and I have lost count of how many generations of basils I've had from my original seedlings. Whenever I prune my basil plants before thy bolt, I set aside seedlings into glass containers. Just put them in water and leave them at a sunny spot for 2 weeks and voila! they're ready to be planted. I've learned to freeze my basils. I don't use that much for pesto anyway. I first run them through a food processor and just put them in ice trays. No water or oil needed. Sometimes I run out of ice trays so I just keep them in plastic. This has been proven helpful since there are times that I became busy and my garden was not at its best condition...yes my plants do die at some point. But every time, I st...
Raising my first batch of Tomatoes has been a success. This batch contains seeds sent from Canada so I'm looking forward to how it will look different from our local tomatoes. Starting from seeds is quite easy once you know the trick. First, make sure you use organic soil. I use compost from our "project green" which is an advantage. But I have started with ordinary soil before and were relatively successful as long as it has good drainage. Second, it helped that I covered my seed tray with plastic to keep the moisture. The pictures shown below clearly show moisture and you don't have to make holes. After 5 days, I think we had 90% success in sprouting our seeds. But only 25% of our sprouts grew into seedlings. Here's how it looks after 2 weeks. I planted them in their containers already and I used 3 seedlings max in a pot. After about 4 weeks, I added stakes already to encourage growth. By this stage, the plants were growing very...
Comments